It’s already been named “Best Cruise Line in the Caribbean” and “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 15 years running by the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards, but RCI clearly isn’t interested in resting on its laurels. Cue the epic announcement made last month – The Perfect Day Island Collection.
RCI will develop a series of private island cruise destinations in the Caribbean, Australia, and Asia. The first stage is the re-launch of the mind-blowingly reinvented CocoCay in the Bahamas. The cruise line has a 5-decade legacy of introducing “first at sea” innovations, but this “first” comes in at a whole new level, with one superlative after another. Just some of the highlights from the 7 distinct experiences coming soon at The Perfect Day at CocoCay include:
- Tallest water slide in North America at Thrill Water Park (135 feet)
- More water slides than any water park in the Caribbean
- Largest fresh water pool in the Caribbean (it has 3 coves, among much else)
- Largest wave pool in the Caribbean
- First and only overwater cabanas in the Bahamas (decks face the sunset with nothing between nature’s greatest “painting” and you but a vast expanse of water — who needs Bora Bora?)
- Highest observation point in the Bahamas (450-ft.-high tethered hot air balloon with 360° swoon-inducing views of the island and sea to the horizon)
Yeah, those are just some of the highlights! There’s so much more, and no one is forgotten. The island also has a gentle adventure water park for little kids, fabulous beachfront and poolside chill spaces for non-daredevils, boat tours, amazing snorkeling excursions (CocoCay is located in the “Fish Bowl of the Bahamas,” an area so-named for the incredible variety of thriving marine life that calls it home), and more, and more, and more. Check out this artist’s rendering video to get a sneak peek at the new and totally awesome CocoCay.
The Perfect Day at CocoCay experience will roll-out in phases, starting in September 2018, with most of the features operational by Spring 2019, and culminating in the debut of the exclusive Coco Beach Club in November 2019. We can barely stand to wait.